Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

Hubby's First Father's Day!!!!

I wanted Hubby's First Father's Day to be nice and relaxing. I planned on making him breakfast and his favorite foods for lunch and dinner and Doodle bug and I would show him how much we love and appreciate him. My cousins (T and S), their spouses (C and M) and their girls (K and S) were up at Disney so they decided to stop by Saturday morning. So I decided to make Father's day breakfast on Saturday instead for everyone to enjoy. In the past year, I've learned how to cook great dinners, but I usually don't do the cooking when we have company. Hubby is a much better cook than I am. However, I've seen Hubby do it millions of times and it looked pretty easy. I was making waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, turkey bacon, and eggs. Well, the first waffle turned out perfectly, unless C and S were lying, but they ate it. The next waffle, I was socializing a little too much and didn't hear the timer go off...it was burnt and inedible. The next waffle, I didn't put enough batter on the cooker, so the waffle was a little see-through. T called it a skinny waffle and ate it anyways. Meanwhile, Hubby started cooking the eggs. Which I noticed M said "No thank you" to the waffles, but had some of Hubby's eggs...hmm!!! Cousin T asked for some milk for his coffee. Unfortunately for him, we only had Almond Milk. I reached to grab it for him and the tray of raw eggs were in front of it. Yes, I knocked the whole tray on the floor and had about 6 raw eggs to clean up off our tile. BACKGROUND INFO: My mom is a horrible cook...sorry mom. My cousin's father, Uncle J, always makes fun of her for it. Well, when the eggs fell, T said, "Good thing my Dad wasn't here to see this! He'd never let you live it down!" Well, for the record, I can cook a delicious dinner. I just suck at breakfast! It's my least favorite meal and I actually prefer to skip breakfast all together :o)
Here are some pictures of Doodle Bug and his 2nd cousins.



M with his daughter on the left and niece on the right.




So, our next meal of the day, we went out to eat! Doodle Bug took his Dad to his favorite restaurant, Amuras. Hubby's Mom, Step dad, and Granny came with us. Here are my two handsome guys!
On Sunday, actual Father's Day, we all went to church. Afterwards, Hubby's Mom and Granny came back for some home-made pizza. We ended the day with a little shopping at the outlet malls.
To my wonderful Hubby-- Doodle Bug and I think you are the most caring, loving man in the world. We are so lucky to have you in our lives. Thank you for being a perfect provider, a helpful husband, and most of all, a FABULOUS Father! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment