Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I think I've got a Chipmunk!!!

For the past couple of weeks, when I get Doodle Bug in the morning, I find him standing in his crib waiting for me. So that didn't surprise me this morning, however, I thought he must've had a growth spurt over the night because he looks several inches taller!!

In the picture below, you can see that his shoulders are above the crib rail.

Well, upon further exploration, he hasn't grown, he's standing on his toy!!!

So, the toy is no longer in his crib. Do you think it's against the law to put a door across the top of the crib? Hmmmm... I guess it would be called a cage then and not a crib! I worry that he is going to fall out. Boy do I miss the days when all I had to worry about was his rolling over!
In the pictures above, you've probably noticed the cloth cover across the front of the crib railing. Well, my Doodle Bug has turned into a chipmunk and chews on EVERYTHING!!! He started chewing on the crib rails about a week ago. We have the type of crib that converts to a toddler bed, then to a full size bed. So he is stuck with this bedding for many years to come. I did some research and didn't want to use the Gummi rails for 2 reasons: 1. they don't work so well on the thick rails that I have, and 2. when you peel them off, many people complain that it takes the varnish off with it. So, the Martha Stewart in me, decided to make my own solution. I used my sewing machine to sew 2 pieces of thick fabric together, sewed some ties, and tada...a rail cover that protects the rails from Doodle Bug's Chompers!!

Now I just have to make some for the side rails!!
Last weekend, we visited my Grandmother, aka, Big Red!! Above, is my father pulling the stroller behind him. He didn't like bending over to push it. Guess I have to invent the "Stroller Handle Extender" for tall people!
Big Red, Grandpa, and Doodle Bug walking down the scary hallway. I don't like visiting Big Red's place because it reminds me of a Stephen King movie!
Hubby and I bought Doodles a blow-up pool. Here I am blowing the darn thing up!
Of course, a man would use a tool to do the same job!!
Doodles loves splashing in his pool!
We're having such a fun summer!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. my lil boy is the same way.He hangs over the side im so scared he is going to topple out.Alot different then when they were newborn lol

    ReplyDelete