Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Healthy Cooking

My friend, T, introduced me to the book, Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld. It's a cookbook that has recipes which hide veggies inside the meal. I thought I'd try out some of the recipes on Hubby and Doodle Bug and see what they think. The first meal I made was chicken nuggets with pureed spinach hidden inside. Here is what it looked like...nothing fancy!
Below are my two boys enjoying their "hidden spinach" chicken nuggets. They both approved!
The next night I made Ground Turkey Meatloaf with pureed carrots hidden inside it and a healthy version of Mashed Potatoes. The mashed potatoes were really just mashed cauliflower with a little butter and sour cream. Here is what it looked like...
The Mashed "cauliflower" potatoes were good...Ground Turkey meatloaf...YUCK!!!!! If you haven't tried ground turkey, KEEP IT THAT WAY! We thought the texture and taste of the turkey was not appealing!!! I think the meatloaf recipe with ground beef would have been good. I'll give it one more shot and let you know;o)
The cookbook also has muffin and dessert recipes with hidden veggies. I've made chocolate chip cookies with pureed chick peas and rolled oats. I thought they were good...and they were milk free!

1 comment:

  1. i make ground turkey meatloaf and it tastes the same to me, of course, i know what you will say, not a distinct palate, you have obviously had my cooking before. lol.

    ReplyDelete