Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Finger Painting

I've been wanting to do a finger painting project with Doodle Bug for a while now. So, on Tuesday, I finally was brave enough to attempt this. I had visions of him sticking his hand in green paint and dabbing it on the construction paper to make grass. Then using one finger to create a flower stem with leaves. Dipping a clean hand in red paint and using his hand print as the tulip. And finishing with a yellow hand print as the sun. I put a little glob of green paint on a paper plate and was ready to begin. Ha!! Doodle Bug had another idea!

Doodles decided he wanted to play peek-a-boo with the plate!


After several sessions of peek-a-boo, and a quick face clean-up, I finally got Doodle Bug to put his hands on the construction paper. I planned on guiding his hand to show him where to make the grass. He decided to show me where he wanted the grass to be!

After a few seconds he grew tired of the construction paper and wanted the plate back.

As you can see by the expression on his face, he LOVED his first arts and crafts session! Below is the finished product (with a little of Mom's help)

So much for my vision! Although, I must say, his way was a lot more fun ;o)

1 comment: