Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Playing at the Park

Doodles is still cruising along. He will take just a few steps on his own then leans far forward, begins to topple over, and hopes that you're there to catch him! So I thought I would take him to the park to watch others kids walk, run, and play. Plus the flooring at the park is real mushy and soft, so if he fell, it wouldn't hurt too bad. Naturally, my little climber headed straight for the rock climbing wall. He just kind of stood there and walked along side the base of the "mountain". Then two boys went barreling up the side of it and I thought Doodles' eyes were going to pop out of his head. You could actually see the wheels turning inside his head. He kept lifting his leg up and trying to get up the side. With Mom's help, he made it to the top!





Next, Doodle Bug saw some boys playing by a wheel. So holding onto to Mom's hands he made his way over to them and said, "Uuuuhhhh". Must be his way of saying "hi". The boys stared at each other for a while, then Doodles let go of my hand and reached for the wheel, as if to say, I don't need you, Mom! The other boys took off to climb up the slide, but Doodle Bug LOVED steering the big wheel!








Overall, Doodle Bug enjoyed his time at the park and did a great job practicing his walking! I, on the other hand, was busy counting the GAZILLION germs that Doodles had touched. I kept looking at the other Moms wondering why they didn't have the same grossed out look on their faces when their kids touch everything. One little boy actually picked up some smashed goldfish off the ground and ate it. The mom never even got up, she just said, "Ewww, don't do that again!". Then went back to her iPhone. I wanted so badly to take out my Clorox wipes and sanitize the whole playground, but I knew I'd get a bunch of looks. So, instead, I made sure nothing went in Doodle Bug's mouth and when we made it back to the car, I glopped on the hand sanitizer. As soon as we made it home, I plunked him in a bubble bath! Funny, because I remember going to the park, then eating a snack while there, and I never washed or sanitized my hands. How did I survive?



No comments:

Post a Comment