Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Justice

After taking Doodlebug to see the Easter Bunny yesterday, we came home, ate lunch, and Doodles went down for a long nap. He was falling asleep while I was feeding him his lunch. Anyways, I started working on my mountain of ironing! I hate ironing and usually leave it until Hubby starts dropping hints that he hasn't any shirts to wear because they are all wrinkly. (Side note--when a men's dress shirt claims that you can wash it, dry it, and wear it without ironing...it LIES!) So I'm knocking it out rather quickly when I hear the doorbell ring several times and the dogs start barking. I'm a little perturbed by the excessive amount of rings, because Doodles is still sleeping and this is my "precious" time to get things done around the house. As I'm walking to the door I'm preparing my speech to give this solicitor a piece of my mind, when suddenly I see it's a Police Officer. My heart starts to beat a little faster and my hands are starting to shake because in my mind I'm thinking something terrible has happened. I open the door and blurt out, "Is everything alright?" She smiles and says, "Yes". She's holding a Garmin Navigation and asks if this belongs to me. I tell her that it might be ours because we had our car broken into a couple of weeks ago and we had our navigation, Ipod, and Radar detector stolen. She said that since we hadn't filled out a police report that we couldn't have our stolen items back. So I filled one out while she was here and now we get to go down to the OCSO evidence room to retrieve our belongings. Yippee!! The officer said that it was two young kids (one was 18 and the other was younger) who had about 50 navigations, 100-150 Ipods, 10 laptops, about 50 cameras, and some other miscellaneous items. Luckily, we had programmed our home address into our Navi and that's how she found us. So what is the moral of this story? There are a couple: 1. Don't steal because you always get caught...eventually. 2. Program your address into your Navi. 3. Even though you find it to be a big hassle, always file a report with the police, because sometimes there is justice afterall!

2 comments: