Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Here's what we've been up to...

I was sick last week with a bad cold and if Doodle Bug gave me a second to myself, I was resting! But, even though sick, Doodles was healthy and on the run. So we still did a bunch of activities. I'm glad I didn't pass the cold onto my little man!!

DB loves to play with play dough. I had some letter stamps laying around from a previous craft. So, I gave them to him and let him stamp away. Then, I would stamp the word "dog" and he would say "woof, woof".


Here we are sorting trucks and trains into two different bowls. He still needs some assistance with this activity... he doesn't like to let go of his trains and trucks once he picks them up. Instead, he points to where it belongs. :o)



He loves pouring things out of cups. Here, DB is transferring rice from one pie tin to the other using his cup.

When he's at home he uses a cup to drink from. When we're out in public, I still have him use a sippy cup...just in case he has an accident! However, he likes to be a big boy and still wants to drink from a regular cup even when we're out in public. So far we've been lucky!! No spills!! Uh, oh! I'm sure I just jinxed us!!

Doodle Bug LOVES any type of water activity. So, I gave him a bowl with water and we "tested" objects to see if they sink or float. He like throwing the objects in the bowl and watching the big splash!
After a few minutes of play, Philly just couldn't help himself and went in for a drink!

We've also been doing lots of baking. Doodle Bug enjoys helping in the kitchen. He helps me roll the dough out for pizza, he helps me wash vegetables for dinner, and below he is helping with the blueberry muffins!


"A watched pot, never boils!" He doesn't care, he just wants those muffins to be done already!

Mmmm! These muffins are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment