Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Toddler Bed...

Well, yesterday I had to thank God for allowing me to be at the right place at the right time. Doodle Bug picked yesterday after his nap to try and climb out of his crib and nearly fall to the ground head first. After a near heart attack, I decided we needed to change his crib to the toddler version immediately so that we avoid any future close calls!
Hubby was less than thrilled to do this, but it only took 10 minutes from start to finish. I was the one to put Doodle Bug to bed and I was ready for lots of roaming around the bedroom with this new found freedom. To my surprise, when his head hit the bed, he went to sleep!
Around 11:00 pm, just as I was dozing off, I hear a thump, thump followed by some crying. Doodles had fallen out of his toddler bed! Don't worry, he wasn't hurt at all! You see, he is a "tosser and a turner" when he sleeps. He utilizes every square inch of his bed. Well, on a toddler bed, there is a rail with a small opening so that he can get out. Even though I laid him down so that he was NOT near the opening, by 11:00, he had made his way down there and toppled out. I picked him up and put him back in bed and patted his back for a few minutes. He fell fast asleep and didn't wake up till 7:00am. When he woke, he sat at the edge of his bed and waited till Dad and I came in. He's growing up way too fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment