Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm a worry wart!

I always put J to sleep on his back. Most of the time I use a sleep positioner. But every morning I wake up around 5:30am to find J on his tummy. I usually jump out of bed and run to his room to flip him over. Which always results in him crying for ten minutes then turning over onto his tummy to fall back to sleep. This routine will continue until 7:00am when I finally give up on sleeping and we both go downstairs to start our day. The doctors and websites have me scared about SIDS! I hate ruining his sleep every morning, but I just couldn't live with myself if something were to happen because I didn't flip him over. Yeah, yeah, I know that I was probably put to sleep on my belly along with millions of other babies many years ago, but I can't help but think about how the number of SIDS babies has dramatically reduced since parents began putting their babies down on their backs. So, am I paranoid or should I continue to flip my son every morning?????

1 comment:

  1. I too ran into Kaitlyn's room. I was told that once they can flip themselves over, it is no longer an issue. They are free to sleep on their bellies (as most of us do!)

    ReplyDelete