Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Isn't it Ironic...

While I have loved every second of the last 5 months and 2 weeks, I must say it has been EXTREMELY difficult finding things to eat that does not contain Milk or Soy due to J's allergy. Well, after several days of starving and crying, my hubby and I spent a couple of hours at the grocery store reading labels and inventing dishes to eat. I'm currently working on writing a cookbook for nursing mothers with the same problem. I find it ironic that I'm writing a cookbook when I come from a family of "non-cookers". Sorry Mom!!!

Anyways, I'd like some feedback. I've included one of the Milk/Soy free recipes from my book below. If you decide to make it, can you let me know two things: 1) how did it taste? and 2) were the directions easy to follow?

Thanks for your help!!!! Enjoy!!!

‘Choken the Chicken
My husband had a hand in naming this dish!


3-4 chicken breasts
12 oz jar Reese Marinated artichoke salad
12 oz jar Mt. Olive Marinated Red Pepper
3 teaspoons yellow mustard
¾ cup favorite white wine
1 cup orzo
3 tablespoon olive oil



Directions:
Slice the chicken breasts into strips. Pour olive oil into frying pan and brown the chicken on both sides. Drain and discard the liquid out of the Artichoke salad and Red Pepper jars, then add artichoke and peppers to frying pan with chicken for 3 minutes. Meanwhile mix wine and mustard, then pour into frying pan. Turn the heat to low and let simmer. In another pot, boil water and cook the orzo following directions on the box. Spoon the orzo onto a plate and top it off with the artichoke chicken mixture. Voila!! ‘Choken the Chiken!

No comments:

Post a Comment