Doodle Bug is growing each day...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Jitter Bug is growing...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pure excitement leads to disappointment!!!!

Well, anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE pizza!!!! My hubby took me to New York City a couple of years ago and we had pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the whole time we were there. (Except for one night where hubby insisted on going to a really nice restaurant. But, that's another story.) I also enjoy making homemade pizza. A few of my friends and family that have tasted it, have even said that I make a pretty good pie! So, ever since discovering my son's Milk/Soy Protein allergy, giving up pizza for me has been the hardest thing ever. I'd rather go through labor and delivery again over giving up pizza!

Well, I was shopping at whole foods yesterday and guess what I found!!!! Cheese that does not contain Milk or Soy!!!! Previously, I had found dairy free cheeses, but they always contained soy. So when I made this little discovery, I was literally doing cartwheels in the store. Needless, to say, I made pizza last night. I rolled out the dough, spread my dairy/soy free sauce, sprinkled on the milk/soy free cheese (with real mozzarella on the other half for hubby, because I'm nice like that :o)) added tomato slices and roasted red peppers, then shoved it in the oven to bake. In fifteen minutes I would be devouring pizza!!

When I pulled the pie out of the oven, my dairy/soy free side looked just like hubby's real cheese side. So, I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into it!!! I sliced it up and put it on plates. Hubby and I bit into our pizzas at the same time. Even he was excited because he hasn't been able to eat pizza either (if I couldn't eat it, there was NO way I was making it!). Hubby made some Mmmmm sounds while he bit into his pizza and I was making some gagging sounds as I bit into mine! You see, I forgot the "fake" cheese probably wouldn't taste like the real thing. The taste was so horrible that it is indescribable! So bad, that I scraped the cheese off and just ate the sauce covered crust! Oh well, I tried! Only 5 more months until Doodlebug is one year old and I can stop nursing. The count down begins!!!!

2 comments: